Saturday, August 9, 2008

More Birding in Tacambaro Area

Tim, a visiting birder - geographer from bonny Scotland, wanted to see more birds, so Diana and I took him south to Tacambaro.

All of us had great birding experiences and life birds. Here's what we saw:
Black vulture
Turkey vulture
West Mexican chachalaca (hard to believe, but a lifer for me)
Mourning dove
Inca dove
Grove-billed ani
Golden-crowned emerald (lifer for me!)
Violet-crowned hummingbird
Golden-cheeked woodpecker
Northern-beardless tyrannulet (second lifer of the day for me)
Greenish elaenia (yet another lifer)
Greater pewee
Vermilion flycatcher
Cassin's kingbird
Barn swallow
Gray silky-flycatcher
Canyon wren
Curve-billed thrasher
Blue mockingbird
House finch
Lesser goldfinch
Louisiana waterthrush (I need this lifer for my ABA list)
Rufous-capped warbler
Blue-black grassquit
White-collared seedeater
Stripe-headed sparrow
Great-tailed grackle
Bullock's oriole

Total species seen: 28 (sorry, no swifts this time!)
Birding isn't all hard work. Bebidas frias can be purchased at the balneario.

No comments: