Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Aztec Thrush near Patzcuaro

Aztec Thrush.....by the side of the road.  On May 12, 2012, five of us in two cars were heading from Patzcuaro to Zihuatanejo for some fun in the sun.  Imagine my surprise when we flushed three Aztec thrush by the side of the road not far from my house.  I would have immediately pulled over; however, we were on a very curvy section of the libre without space to stop. 

There were three serious birders among us.  Two in my vehicle and one in the vehicle behind.  No doubt about it - they were Aztec thrush.


Photo from Wikimedia Commons

Hugo reported seeing them a number of years ago above Erongaricuaro, and we've kept our eyes peeled for them.  Of course, seeing them fly off from the side of the road doesn't fulfill my desire to REALLY see them, so I am hoping to visit the area soon to try to relocate them.  Until then, they are BVD birds (i.e., better view desired).

No comments: