Monday, February 3, 2014

2013 - it came and went, thank goodness

It has been more than a year since I've posted anything on my blog.  All I can say is I am glad to have 2013 pass by.....what a year of bad and sad things for me. 

Speaking of birds: here's to 2014, which is on a good roll what with yesterday's Super Bowl romping of the Broncos.  I am so proud of Seattle's Seahawks.

I lost my camera in a taxi in Istanbul in May and didn't replace it until November.  I listened to Mike Judd, Dennis Paulson, and a couple others, and bought a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS.  I am still getting used to it but feel competent enough to start taking and posting bird photos from here on.   

I birded this past year but most of it occurred in other locations and this blog is devoted to birding in and around Patzcuaro.  The next few postings will highlight some of my 2013 activities.  And then I promise to be better at 2014 bird sightings and trip reports. 







No comments: